The highly experienced and dedicated Mathematics staff at James Fallon High School are committed to providing all students with a quality education in Mathematics. Staff use a variety of teaching strategies and resources to deliver classroom lessons designed to create interest and develop understanding of concepts.
The Staff Endeavour to Develop in Students:
- numeracy skills
- a positive attitude to learning Mathematics
- problem solving skills
- an awareness of the importance of Mathematics in every day life
- understanding that allows students to achieve to
- their full potential in this subject
- Highly experienced staff
- Videos/Computer Software
- Interactive whiteboards are being used to enrich and enhance student learning.
- Web sites including companion websites for junior texts.
The Mathematics teaching programs are based on the NSW Department of Education syllabi. Staff design lessons that use a variety of teaching strategies. Students are given challenging, problem solving activities and working mathematically is the basis of each lesson.
Students are encouraged to take personal responsibility for their learning. Students receive ongoing feedback, encouragement and challenge from their teachers. Homework is given on a regular basis to re-enforce /consolidate and to extend /challenge students.
Details of the courses offered can be found at the Board of Studies Website – click on the following link – Board of Studies