Students living 2.0 km or more from James Fallon High School may apply for a bus pass. Students and families are advised to contact the relevant bus company for detailed information in relation to bus routes, bus stops and times. The main bus companies operating within the Albury Wodonga urban area are Martins (Albury only) Ph. (02) 6040 4400 & Dysons (Wodonga, East Albury) Ph. (02) 6056 3100.
Bus Code of Conduct
To ensure the safety and comfort of other passengers,
- Behave safely at all times
- Respect the needs and comfort of other passengers
- Respect bus property by not marking or damaging it
- Always follow instructions about safety on the bus
- Show their bus pass or ticket to the driver on boarding and when requested.
Students will not:
- Distract the driver except in an emergency
- Smoke, eat or drink on the bus
- Allow any part of their body to protrude from the bus
- Fight, spit, use offensive language or place their feet on the seats
- Throw any article inside, or out of, the bus
- Alter, deface, misuse or fraudulently obtain a bus pass
- Give, lend or transfer their bus pass to another student.
If students break any of these rules, their travel pass may be suspended. No students are to get off their bus down the street. Bus proprietors have the right to suspend students from bus travel, following notification to parents.
Bus travellers will catch their bus from the Fallon Street entrance to the school where staff supervision is provided. Students arriving at school by bus are required to come directly onto the school grounds. At the end of the school day, students are required to remain in the school grounds under supervision until their bus arrives.
For safety reasons, bicycles are not to be ridden in the school grounds. Students are to dismount at the front gate and wheel their bike to the bike enclosure where they are to be left until classes are over. The bike enclosure is locked during lesson time. However, for security reasons, students should ensure that bikes are securely locked.
In special circumstances, students may borrow the bike enclosure key from the front office. In the afternoon, bikes must be walked from the school grounds. With buses, cars and a large number of people moving, safety is paramount.